Monday 17 October 2016

Pay less, print the laws out, and know the laws! FRSC.

safety nigeria corruption extortion naija road police bribery news fight oga vio kai tax force

If you’ve heard 
    “your penalty is 50k but since its your first offense you will pay 25k when you get to our office” you are not alone!

Most of our road officers are not there to correct you but to charge you so high for so little offense. They increase your penalty fee  so high that your heart beats faster like someone who has committed murder that next thing that comes to your mind is

“oga abeg help me, oga abeg take me as your son, oga abeg how you go fit help me I no get that big amount of money, oga abeg I no see the sign, oga abeg na my first time,  oga abeg smile na, oga oga oga…..

Oga don turn boss! That’s the time he would carry straight face and say we are going to our office!. On your way to their office your heart is beating faster and thinking….hai!! where I go see 25k pay dis people? Ignorance of the offenses and penalties creep in and you decide to tell the officer,

Oga officer abeg help me take this 6k, I no go ever commit this offense again from today. Oga officer still carrying straight face would say "abeg drive to our office." 

Your heart beats faster and within you, you would say this man serious o. oya oga abeg manage this 10k, that’s all the money on me. You would park along the road begging him. Oga officer would start telling you, 

"abeg no put me for trouble, them install cctv along this road, I no wan lose my job..make we dey go our office."

By then, you become more confused! Oga officer no gree take your 10k after begging, he still insists on you going to their office after begging him that much! You con agree say you don enter “one chance” your face don turn “over guilty” and you decide to continue the journey to their office. Along the way oga officer turn go start when he sees you are no longer begging.

..I won just help you o, na bcos say you obey me o. no commit this offense again o. make the money 15k . make I com down.

Sign of relief, you say oga thank you. God go bless you but na 10k I get… pricing pricing pricing bla bla bla you end up paying him 13k. oga officer don come down. You start having mixed feelings. Chai my 13k just go like that!

Body con push you say make you check the offence wey you commit online. You google frsc offences and penalties! Google con show you http://frsc.gov.ng/offences-and-penalties
finally, you con check, your offence penalty na 2k. jeez! You are angry! 11k gone due to your ignorance of the laws.

Advise!
I know you cant “cram” all the offences and penalties of federal road safety corps of Nigeria but please go to their website, print them out, have a copy in your car cos I know you would commit another offense again. Nobody would tell you to secretly cross-check the offence and penalty paper when you break the road safety laws again.

PLEASE DO NOT BRIBE O... just don't be scared of going to their office even if they tell you, you would need your tax clearance papers and psychiatric test .

No comments:

Post a Comment